This process engineering position is responsible for initiating, coordinating and implementing manufacturing process improvement initiatives within the manufacturing Value Streams. Responsible for integration of Lean Sigma improvement methodologies and activities within the value stream and will serve as a generator and coordinator of ideas for process improvement techniques, implementation strategies and will insure that timely and effective results of the process improvements are accomplished. This position is responsible for the coordination of the resources required to plan, train and implement process improvements.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and responsibilities include three (3) primary focus areas:
1. Product/process Improvements
2. Daily support for process troubleshooting and product quality.
3. Development and mentoring of junior level engineers.
This position does not have direct reports.
This position is part of the Engineering staff reporting to the Engineering Manager. Sr. Process Engineer will need to have excellent project management and leadership skills. Solid technical background and experiencein conjunction with leadership skills, passion and curiosity will be the keys to success. Must have excellent team skills, both as a team member as well as a team trainer and developer. Must be able to drive change and introduce innovative solutions for process/product capability, and productivity improvement.
- 5-7 years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in process driven, continuous operations - wire and cable experience highly desirable
- Experience leading high performance work teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with process control and new product introduction technologies
- Proven project management skills
- Strong record of Lean Sigma Tools implementation
- Highly passionate & curious with a strong need & drive for results/challenges.
- Able to cultivate relationships and alliances across internal and external boundaries.
- Able to critically evaluate, synthesize, and interrelate information from internal and external sources when solving problems and making decisions
- The ability to make sound decisions based on analysis, experience, and good judgment; solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks questions and probes diverse sources for answers
- The ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; organize work into logical process steps; use time effectively; and establish priorities
- Requisition ID 2018-1394