Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, asphalt, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day. Delek US Holdings owns 100 percent of the general partner and 81.6 percent of the limited partner interest in Alon USA Partners, LP (NYSE: ALDW), which owns a crude oil refinery in Big Spring, Texas, with a crude oil throughput capacity of 73,000 barrels per day and an integrated wholesale marketing business.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc. and its affiliates also own approximately 63 percent (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE: DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The asphalt operations consist of owned or operated asphalt terminals serving markets from Tennessee to the west coast through a combination of non-blended asphalt purchased from third parties and produced at the Big Spring, Texas and El Dorado, Arkansas refineries. The renewables operations will consist of plants in Texas and Arkansas that produce biodiesel fuel and a renewable diesel facility in California.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores which also market motor fuels in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
Provide technical expertise for the refinery to enable the most optimum performance that will meet the company’s economic, environmental and safety objectives. Major responsibility will be to interface between the Economics and Planning and the Process Engineering groups to support day to day and strategic objectives for the refinery up to and including LP modelling. Some support and execution of capital investment projects that are consistent with achieving margin capture for the refinery will be required. Also, support of traditional day to day process engineering activities will be necessary.
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics that track refinery attainment of planned operational targets and optimal margin capture.
- Identify process constraints and identify opportunities to relieve these constraints.
- Publish lost opportunity report.
- Publish blend giveaway reports.
- Work with operations and Technical Services to analyze opportunities to enhance refinery profitability.
- Develop process unit economics and communicate data to refinery personnel.
- Manage and analyze deviations from monthly operating plan.
- Evaluate potential feedstock opportunities.
- Act as liaison between refinery and corporate planning and economic group.
- Conduct studies on effects of operating variables on product quality, yield and profitability.
- Evaluate the economic feasibility of projects assigned, and assist with the economic evaluation of projects. Prepare Approval for Expenditure documents for project approvals.
- Provide support to the Process Engineering group during engineering, construction, and startup of projects.
- On an as needed basis, support T/A activities by performing equipment inspections (including internal inspections of vessels and other equipment) and making necessary recommendations for corrections and or improvements.
- Initiate and justify new projects, additional monitoring and other improvements to the unit. Provide detailed project execution liaison support between project/contract engineering and refinery operations organizations
- Provide occasional backup during absences of Planning and Process department team members.
- Champion awareness of all safety, health, and environmental issues that impact the unit, the refinery and all personnel.
B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
Five years’ experience in refining industry with some experience in using economic planning tools. Process or Technical Service experience is a minimum requirement. Must have a good working knowledge of the use of spreadsheet and word processing programs. Experience in the development of capital projects is an advantage to the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.