Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
Apply Process Engineering principles to develop, scale-up and transfer spray coating processes into manufacturing.
• Be a subject-matter-expert for spray coating processes along with expertise in coating materials
• Perform experimental and theoretical studies, including analytical and/or computer modeling to improve fundamental understanding of the mechanisms of underlying chemical processing phenomena
• Lead, design and develop new processes or improve existing processes or products.
• Present engineering and/or scientific results to internal stakeholders at various management levels
Required Education and Experience:
M.S. in Chemical Engineering/Material Science & Engineering/Mechanical Engineering;
8+ years of industrialexperience
• Ability to work in a laboratory and manufacturing environment on projects that range from development to deployment and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes to deliver next-generation technologies and novel products.
• Technical curiosity and ability to solve complex problems and improve processes using theoretical analysis and/or structured problem solving methods such as Scientific Method and Design of Experiments, etc.
• Practical experience with basic statistics, familiarity with advanced statistical methods
• Strong technical fundamentals with process engineering skills
• Ability to scope and plan for execution of complex projects
• Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
Required Years and Area of Experience
• 5+ years experience in process development and engineering.
• Experience and proven track record in scaling up new technology from prototypes to high volume manufacturing.
• Experience leading small teams and projects focused on developing new processes and making step change process improvements, managing innovation, and expanding technical capability.
• Understanding of Materials Science/Engineering of glass and/or ceramics materials and ability to effectively integrate with Process Engineering principles
• Six Sigma Green Belt
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status
Req #: 4841