This position supports the Production team by designing and/or optimizing production processes of Avionics products. The candidate will have experience in and a working knowledge of manufacturing assembly, and demonstrated success in improving core-manufacturing processes and production quality.
- Development and implementation of process improvements utilizing Lean Manufacturing/Material techniques.
- Assist in the development of production and test processes for new products. Maintain manufacturing and test process documentation including the timely implementation of engineering change activity.
- Root cause analysis of reoccurring quality problems or process delays and take effective corrective action.
- Continual process improvement to maximize first pass yields.
- Recommend and maintain equipment, tools, products, or engineering changes to achieve goals in efficiency and First Pass Yield.
- Facilitate Engineering Change Orders.
- Develop and maintain shop floor control system inputs, product process travelers, and product routings.
- Factory layout including equipment moves, installation, setup including electric, network, compressed air, etc.
- Establish and maintain labor standards
- Monitor and train production personnel
- Interface with other departments to achieve cost, quality and delivery objectives
POSITION REQUIREMENTSRelevant Knowledge and Skills:
- Display Professional demeanor and leadership.
- Able to read and understand assembly drawings and able to create process flow charts.
- Able to monitor and train production in self-inspection to improve quality and efficiency.
- Able to interact effectively with Production and Engineering personnel.
- Able to work independently as a self starter or in a team environment.
- Able to use hand tools and small power tools.
- Able to climb ladders and crawl under benches
- Interact effectively with Production and Engineering personnel.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- BSME or BSIE or equivalent experience, in a scientific or engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing and test of electronic, electro-mechanical products.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly, preferably in avionics.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to interact with people at all levels and functions.
- Proficient in technical writing, good documentation skills; attention to detail is critical.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and setup
- Computer proficiency--Intermediate level in Microsoft Office, Configuration Management Software, ERP Systems.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, such as Access.
- Knowledge of electronics with the ability read schematics and troubleshoots assemblies.
- Ability to perform and document Design for Manufacturability analyses on new and changed designs.
- Knowledge of Selective solder processes and equipment is a plus
- Working knowledge of quality workmanship standards—ANSI; Mil-Spec, IPC, ISO.
- Six Sigma training and knowledge, certification preferred.
- Experience with practical visual factory and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Printed Circuit Card fabrication including high volume surface mount technology equipment.
- Experience in designing production tooling using CAD software (SolidWorks/AutoCAD).
- Development and implementation of preventative maintenance procedures.