• Represent Operations needs on product development teams for genomic applications.
• Participate in process development, definition and improvement, and other activities in the making of consumable products.
• Lead and work on teams to develop and transfer robust new processes/products to production.
• Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions into a production environment to meet project goals.
• Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations.
• Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop processes and lead design transfer to manufacturing for new products.
• Define technical requirements and write procedures for Production to process product.
• Work with external collaborators and suppliers.
• Troubleshoot new product process issues related to yield, quality and throughput.
• Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
• Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
• High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
• High level computer skills are required.
• Experience with product development processes, design transfer experience, and project management is a plus.
• Experience with biochemical processes preferred.
• Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control, DOE techniques, and critical parameter management is a plus.
• Experience with high volume production in a high tech, high volume consumables industry is a plus.
• Intermediate level programming knowledge is a plus.
• B.S./M.S./ PhD in ChemicalEngineering, BiochemicalEngineering, Bioengineering, BiotechnicalEngineering,Bioinformatics orMS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry, with at least 4years of relevantexperiencein production support/sustaining and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
- Recent or near term college graduates are encouraged to apply