At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to workin the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Engineer to provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process (advantages/limitations) engineering planning. Responsibilities include performing analyses to develop design specifications and performance requirements along with selecting techniques to solve problems and make sound design recommendations.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
• Establish processes based on product specifications.
• Evaluate process and design alternatives based on “Design for Manufacturability” principles.
• Understand principles of “Cost of Goods Sold”
• Manage program compliance with Quality Control requirements (i.e. Design Control, Process validation etc.).
• Develop, plan and track program resource, schedules, risks and budget
• Coordinate and manage multiple NPI programs and ensure deliverable are met
• Customer interface during the design, development, manufacture of the NPI products
• Coordinate and lead internal meetings to ensure timely resolution of complex issues which impacts customers
• Schedules and monitors all NPI activities, from design kick-off, tooling, BOM structures through mass production
• Manage Internal and External suppliers design, manufacturing and qualification activities
• Understand IP issues relative to processes being developed.
• Maintain knowledge of new developments in manufacturing and design technologies.
• Understand work environment issues (i.e. OSHA regulations, etc.).
• May supervise or provide work direction to other engineers and technicians
• May lead or serve as member on cross-functional project teams Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technical Field required or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years engineering experience required
• Experience designing and testing medical devices preferred • Experience developing manufacturing processes and technologies and designing for manufacturability preferred
• Previous project management and people management experience required.