The Senior Process Architect will conceptualize and lead the facility design services that support manufacturing and operational processes for numerous cutting-edge pharmaceutical facilities. This individual should have experience with project scope development, programming, conceptual design, pharmaceutical regulatory compliance, material and personnel flow development, material and system evaluation, detail design and construction administration.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Asses the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks and work with a Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Write scope of work for architectural design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes. Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception of building codes is required.
- Assign and review work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert Project Manager about scope changes or additional services.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company, externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Prepare or review construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promote use of and participate in development of company design and production standards.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff and act as resource for design questions.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 10 years previous pharmaceutical architectural design experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or College, preferably in Architecture; registered architect and AIA certification is preferred.
- 10 + Years of Process Architecture Design experience within the Pharmaceutical industry working with (one or all) oral solid dosage (OSD), Aseptic or Biologics.
- GMP design experience.
- Proven experience leading conceptual design efforts.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer for design and understand CAD operations (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.).
- Must have the ability to interpret a building program and generate varied design concepts (knowledge of building and zoning codes).
- Proven experience interacting and communicating directly with clients. Active participation in industry organizations and related initiatives is strongly preferred (for example: speaking engagements, presenting at industry events and conferences, etc.).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work on more than one project at a time.