Sr. Privacy Analyst
In the hospitality industry, people matter.
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
The Sr. Analyst, Privacy serves as a privacy subject matter expert for the global organization. The individual serves as a consultant and risk advisor. The Sr. Analyst, Privacy assists with devising and supporting privacy-related initiatives by providing business-related and technical guidance and assistance. The role assists other team members as needed.
What you will do…
Assists with efforts to ensure continuous privacy compliance and best practices as aligned with external and internal requirements:
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable US and international data privacy/data protection laws, regulations, directives and frameworks, to include data transfer requirements and restrictions.
- Partner with business units, IT, legal, product owners, information security and other functional departments to assist with designing and developing privacy/data protection requirements and solutions.
- Conduct privacy/data protection research as requested to assist with project evaluation/implementation.
- Monitor advancements in data privacy/data protection to assist with ensuring organizational adoption and compliance.
- Mature existing implementation of privacy frameworks such as Privacy by Design.
- Assess current and planned applications, systems and business processes to identify privacy/data protection issues and design solutions for gaps to ensure consistency with privacy principles, policies, practices and customer expectations.
- Assist with conducting data protection impact assessments, developing remediation plans in the event of risk findings.
- Distill complex issues into clear, understandable recommendations.
- Help enforce policies, standards, and procedures that support the privacy/data protection of customers’ and employees’ personal information, to include documenting results as needed, incorporating a regulatory perspective as appropriate.
- Conduct and document ongoing compliance monitoring.
- Assist with reviews of legal contracts.
Assist with the design and delivery of the organization’s privacy awareness program.
- Training: tracking completions, conducts content needs analysis, content design, development, and training delivery
- Other educational/training activities as needed.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
Skills you have…
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university, and four years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic and international privacy/data protection laws and regulations.
- Previous experience implementing, documenting and maintaining a privacy framework such as Privacy by Design.
- Proven ability to guide cross-functional teams with implementation and maintenance of privacy principles.
- Previous experience conducting and documenting data protection impact assessments, to include providing remediation plans and guidance.
- Previous experience assisting with responding to Supervisory Authorities.
- General understanding of information security principles and IT systems.
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Confident, positive privacy advocate.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills across a wide range of functional departments.
- Strong collaborative skills, working with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills.
- Effective time management, organizational, and project management skills.
- Understand the big picture while being attentive to details.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Travel domestically as required, up to 5%.
- Currently possess or desire to earn privacy certification(s) (e.g., CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT).
- Previous experience administering a privacy awareness program.
- Information security certification(s) (e.g., CISSP).