Cargill provides food, agriculture,financial andindustrial products and services to the world.Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive byapplying our insights and over150years ofexperience. We have150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in aresponsible way,reducing environmental impact and improving the communities wherewe live and work.
The Data Privacy Analyst (“DPA”) provides guidance and support for data privacy management & compliance activities in Cargill as a member of the Global Privacy Office.
The primary goal of Cargill’s Global Privacy Office is to ensure sufficient organizational accountability within Cargill to its data privacy policies; and to ensure organizational compliance to global privacy laws, regulations and practices. As part of Cargill’s Technology Governance Risk and Control organization, the Global Privacy Office will achieve and sustain an acceptable level of risk in Cargill’s business processes through the sustainment and continual improvementof a data privacy program and its subsequent operations.
The Global Privacy Office is responsible to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, develop and provision education and awareness training, monitor ongoing legal and regulatory changes and provide guidance to Functions and Enterprises to design and build appropriate business processes, application security, and technical controls to enable Cargill to meet privacy requirements.
60% - Functions and Platform Consultation
• Provide guidance to teams, including Global IT, Functions and Platforms to design and build appropriate business processes, application security, and technical controls.
• Provide guidance for the localization of data privacy requirements and ensure existing policy is matched with appropriate processes and controls to ensure compliance.
• Support Platform Technology Risk and Control Managers to resolve any data privacy related audit findings
40% - Program Operations
• Assist maintaining Cargill’s data privacy principles, policies and procedures in coordination with TGRC, the Law Department and outside counsel, Global Security, Human Resources, and other departments as required.
• Assist with the development and provision of privacy training and education. Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster data privacy awareness within Cargill.
• Conduct assessments of data privacy program compliance with all levels of management to proactively identify and rectify data privacy related control deficiencies.
• Monitor ongoing compliance of data privacy program, prepare and present quarterly metrics to global TGRC leader and Executive Steering Committee.
• Address any audit findings through appropriate resolution and report progress regularly to TGRC management.
• Assist with government inquiries, compliance reviews or investigations related to data privacy or security, in collaboration with legal counsel
• Assist with maintaining Cargill’s relationship with regulatory authorities, external counsel, and other third parties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 4+ years experienceas a data privacy professional with knowledge and understanding of current and emerging international privacy laws and regulations (including GDPR), completing Privacy Impact Assessments and working on data privacy incidents.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience, in Information Technology, Law or Business related discipline.
- Ability to interface with different levels of leadership as well as different cultures and styles.
- Ability to assess and mitigate privacy risks and, if required, independently review controls
- Excellent teaming skills encompassing cross-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, and understanding and appreciating differences.
- Proven record of high performance in problem solving, collaborating, planning/priority setting, timely decision making, perseverance, and a drive for results.
- Possess solid communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills in terms of effective listening, patience, composure, and conflict management.
Preferred Qualifications CIPP certification is preferred Ability to travel internationally up to 20%