Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. You’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Bluefin Robotics is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer to support development, production, and sustainment on an Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) program. Candidates should have subsea domain technical expertise and proven experience contributing to high-performing systems engineering teams. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense systems. Employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Position and Location:
This is a full-time position located in Quincy, Massachusetts.
- Performs systems integration and test (verification), validation of subsystems and systems
- Performs requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or systems
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Independently determines proposed approach to solutions
- Contributes to the completion of major program milestones
- Works under very limited direction
- Maintains clear, honest and open communications with both internal and external stakeholders/customers
- Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems
- Independently determines correct approach to challenges and successfully carries out implementation
- Works with mechanical, electrical, software, marine operations, and manufacturing engineers to develop and produce systems
- Hands on systems integration, test, and troubleshooting (simulated, bench-top, and at-sea)
- Travel may be required
- Some offshore testing is required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Technical expertise and recognized technical leader (subject matter expert) in one or more of the following technical areas: unmanned underwater vehicles, autonomous underwater vehicles, naval architecture, SONAR systems, analog and digital electrical hardware design and development, control systems & autonomy, signal and image processing, artificial intelligence/machine learning, model based systems engineering
- Highly proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Highly proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions/resolutions
- Knowledge/Experience in Unmanned Underwater Vehicle domain
- Undersea system integration and test
- Undersea hardware requirements
- Requirements analysis and verification
- Working knowledge systems design and analysis tools