Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
8 - 10 years
Posted 168 days ago
: United States-Florida-MelbourneUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesRelocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be availableClearance Type: Secret
: 1st Shift
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer – Requirements and Verification to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will perform requirement and verification activities for all levels of a total system product, including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Perform technical, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Performs analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative / team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9+ years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 7+ years of Systems Engineering experience.
- Active and in-scope DoD Secret Clearance or higher and the ability to maintain it throughout employment.
- Ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- 9+ years of experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- 9+ years of experience with DOORS.
- Experience with verification and sell-off activities.
- Excellent communication skills across technical disciplines.
- Knowledge of scripting and automation coding languages (Python, MATLAB, DXL, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.