Typical job functions for the Senior Principal Software Engineer position in the SGNS Department include planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software development, documentation, testing, and debug of software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems. Our Software Engineers apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle as well as correct program errors, prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development, and analyze system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent.
- Minimum 12+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development
- 12+ years’ experience with C/C++ programming and similar languages
- 10+ years’ experience in Green Hills Integrity Real-time Operating Systems, board support package (BSP), Green Hills Multi IDE , Wind River VxWorks for C/C++ or related operating systems
- 12+ years’ experience in real-time development and architecture for GPS Receiver software
- Real time embedded programming, Communications Systems, and Signal Processing
- Work related experience in algorithm and hardware design
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and Mathlab
- Applies and/or develops highly advanced technologies and concepts exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in the architecture, design and concepts consistent with systems requirement and interface designs.
- Proactively seeks to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs across the product line.
- Experienced presenter to all levels of management and experience writing technical documents such as software requirements and design documents
- Experience in a matrixed environment working with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools
- Understanding of software development best practices and processes
- Working experience in MS Office or other presentation tools
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge with MIL-STD-1553, IS-GPS-153 Serial Interface protocol, signal selection, acquisition and tracking, Position, Velocity, and Time (PVT) calculation, data demodulation, signal correction, jamming and spoofing or related applications
- Understanding of Board Support Package for ARM Processor, Atom Processor, and PPC
- Basics understanding of FORTRAN, ClearCase, ClearQuest, and DOORS
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, Static Code Analysis using Coverity, Unit Test using VectorCast, and Test Driven Methodologies
- Understanding of software best practices and development lifecycles
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases
- Must have demonstrated ability to produce robust, well-documented, production-quality code which includes conforming to design and coding standards, implementing error handling routines, etc.
- Must have demonstrated ability to develop software using industry standard process such as Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree. Highly desire a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
Requisition ID 115213BR