$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Allentown, PA 18101
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
5 - 7 years
Posted 61 days ago
The Senior Principal Structural Design Engineer position is currently based at the Air Products Offices at 2 City Center in downtown Allentown, Pennsylvania. The team will relocate to Corporate Headquarters in late Summer 2019.
This position is part of the LNG Mechanical Design Engineering (MDE) team. The LNG Mechanical Design Engineering team (MDE) is part of the GEMTE LNG Product Line. This includes our Business Area, Process Engineering Technology, PDE and Project Engineering.
MDE is responsible for the Mechanical, Civil and Structural engineering and design for LNG equipment. This includes: Coil Wound and BAHX heat exchangers, Pressure Vessels, Piping, and Structures. We provide support and liaison to the manufacturing facilities and customer/EPC liaison for LNG Heat Exchanger Projects Worldwide.
Job responsibilities focus on providing Civil and Structural engineering and technical support for the LNG Product Line equipment manufactured in Port Manatee and elsewhere. This equipment includes unique LNG Coil Wound Heat exchanger technology and modularized heat exchanger equipment including cold boxes. As a member of the MDE team, your duties will include conceptual and detail design work, bid support, continuous improvement, product development, manufacturing support, customer liaison, and field work.
The job will require occasional domestic and international travel. The position requires periodic visits to the Corporate headquarters in Allentown, our Port Manatee, Florida, manufacturing facility, and occasional international travel.
This Structural Engineering position will support the design, manufacturing and service activities associated with the LNG Product Line, including existing LNG plants located throughout the world. The LNG Product Line includes World Class Coil Wound Heat Exchanger technology and exciting New Product development initiatives including fully modularized LNG plants and Cold Box Technology. This position is a specialist in a broader Mechanical and Manufacturing team. The Incumbent will be responsible for the Civil Structural engineering and analysis of foundations and structures. It will require performing detail design on heat exchanger platforms and piping support systems, cold box and heat exchanger frames as well as limited foundation design including knowledge of bolting technologies. This will require working closely with the design team and structural designers and pipers. This position also interacts closely and will require cooperation with many internal and external teams including Global Engineering.
Additional requirements include working knowledge of pertinent building and design codes, geotechnical considerations and deep foundation systems. Incumbent will work as part of a large team in accomplishing these tasks.
• Participation all aspects of MDE's involvement in major Sale of Equipment projects from bid to commissioning – including bid preparation, technical content of contractual agreement with respect to the Civil and Structural and Class B scope.
• Working closely with our LNG Product Development team to provide high quality conceptual layouts of modularized equipment and cold boxes.
• Work closely with our design team to support development of 3D models, Conceptual and detail design of Heat Exchanger platforms and ladders, pipe supports, bolted joints, foundations etc.
• Provide high quality and timely support to the manufacturing facility in Port Manatee, FL and external vendors that may be involved in steel design and fabrication. Providing safety leadership for design and manufacturing. Support may include occasional travel to the plant for meetings and design reviews.
• Provide liaison for any design related issues, complaints or variations. Drive issues to closure quickly with appropriate investigative rigor. Identify drawing or engineering improvements and facilitate incorporation into MDE deliverables.
• Participation in CI activities including improvement project leadership and reporting.
• Interfacing with internal teams: project, process, manufacturing, purchasing, construction, start-up, etc.
• Participation in field service activities at our LNG customer sites. Provide home support of construction and commissioning activities.
• Participating in International Trade shows and Professional Society events.
• Work with the LNG MDE Bid Manager to ensure sufficient pre-engineering is completed to provide competitive bids of required accuracy.
• Participate as the MDE representative for customer visits and business functions.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS Civil Engineering – with Structural emphasis.
• Have a PE license or the ability to obtain licensing within 6 months of employment.
• Desired 5 to 10 years of related experience
• Proficient in using structural finite element analysis software tools such as STAAP.Pro
• Proficient working knowledge of MathCad and Excel.
• Working knowledge and understanding of ASCE 7 wind and seismic codes / analysis.
• Knowledge of Dynamic analysis techniques a plus
• Working knowledge of Smart Plant 3D a plus.
• Proficient in AISC Steel Construction Manual and AWS welding codes.
• Proficient knowledge ASTM material standards including carbon steel and stainless steel.
• Knowledge of aluminum materials a plus.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13