We are seeking to hire a Senior/Principal Software Quality Assurance Engineer (4G/5G CORE Network Functions) to join our growing team based at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute system level, functional and non-functional, integration, regression, system, exploratory and performance/stability tests for 4G and 5G Core products.
- Develop and employ testing strategy and tools based on interactions with feature architects and software engineers, based on industry standards and customer requirements.
- Develop and run automated tests.
- Report results of testing.
- Undergraduate degree in technical discipline, i.e., Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Position level offered will depend upon experience:
- 5+ to 7 years of related, hands on experience in automating and testing virtualized hardware and software products for Senior level; and
- 7+ to 10 years of related, hands on experience in automating and testing virtualized hardware and software products for Principal level
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment; previous start-up experience is a plus.
- Able to live Casa’s core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
- Able to work with multiple teams.
- Strong background in developing test specifications and test strategies.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Has a passion to read and understand 3GPP technologies.
- Strong networking (TCP/IP, Routing/Switching, BGP/OSPF etc.) passion, skills and ability to debug network problems.
- Experience working with Virtualization technologies such as OpenStack, KVM, ESXi.
- Experience working with Containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Software Automation – scripting and/or programming expertise using Bash, Python.
- Experience with Rancher, RedHat OpenShift, Google’s GKE, AWS is a plus.
- Experience in testing EPC - MME/SGW/PGW/ePDG/PCRF or 5GC – AMF/SMF/UPF/NRF/NSSF/N3IWF a plus.
- Experience and proficient understanding of 3GPP packet core domain - 4G EPC and/or 5G Core is preferred.
- Strong understanding/experience of Python based Test Automation frameworks such as Pytest, ROBOT, Nornir, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS Ubuntu or RHEL 7/8.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).