The Principal Network Software Engineer will architect and lead development on our flagship network integration and security technologies for the print/fax/scan digital-document market space. Peerless Systems is a systems development pioneer with 20 years of experience providing competitive-edge solutions to imaging technology OEMs worldwide.
The successful candidate for this position will have both a broad knowledge of networking protocols and applications, and an intuitive flair for how these technologies can be creatively combined to address new problem spaces and product markets. Our ideal candidate will, in addition, be current on new industry standards under development by the IETF and IEEE.
The scope of knowledge required for this position includes:
- Network security, messaging, network management, and wireless networking technologies (802.11x, Bluetooth, etc.), as well the fundamentals of IP networking
- 10+ years experience in C and/or C++
- Experience developing embedded networking protocols and applications using VxWorks or Linux
- Expert knowledge of fundamental network protocols such as TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, etc.
- Broad knowledge of network software and protocols and their application in embedded network appliances:
- Web Services (W3C, OASIS, Microsoft)
- Network Management (embedded web servers, SNMP V3)
- Network Security (SSL/TLS, Kerberos, PKI, etc.)
- Messaging applications (SMTP, POP3, MIME, S/MIME
- Preferred Skills/Experience/Education :Experience troubleshooting protocol implementations using Network Packet Analyzers/Sniffers
- Experience in automated network software engineering testing
- Experience in authoring software functional specifications and software design specifications
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, EE or equivalent