We’re looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As a Senior Principal Engineer you will own and lead software architecture and development for major components of Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure. You should be a distributed systems generalist, able to architect broad systems interactions, while being very hands-on, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and lower level system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
• 8+ years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of C, C++ or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
• Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
• Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.