As a Sr. Principal Software Engineer you will have developed industry recognized expertise in a particular field of software engineering or within a particular sector. You will have lead multiple design teams through full product development and into production. You will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches the expertise of our customers distinguished or highest level active design engineering staff. You will consult on software architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will represent Jabil Software Engineering in technical customer discussions / meetings.
- Work with Project Managers and System Architects in the quoting process.
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
- Is expected to help lead from a strong experience base the development and utilization of processes for design.
- Mentoring of all engineering staff for software development in the Sr. Engineering key experience based and as a go to person.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive, cutting edge and cost effective.
- Raise perception of Jabil’s acumen in the industry by authoring or presenting papers, articles, etc.
- Should be associated with applicable industry trade groups/organizations maintaining active membership and participation.
- Work with Site Directors and Dir of System Architecture to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of technical and process competencies needed.
- Lead the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
- Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the articulated architectures.
- Manage product design and documentation at a system and product level.
- Perform independent research and engineering studies to keep Jabil on the front line of product development.
- Demonstrate key leadership and perform as the key leader for local and remote development teams.
- Effectively consult on multiple projects in parallel.
- Be a key player in Developing IP, Patents, Technical Publications or White Papers .
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with software concepts such as data analytics, cloud architecture, agile/scrum methods, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 15 lbs.
- Be accessible office staff and to use required office equipment.
- Specific version requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree, in Software Engineering/Masters Preferred
- Minimum of 15 years (Bachelors degree)/8 years (Masters degree) of related experience and/or training
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.