Our platform will serve millions of users at an unprecedented data scale—data that is the most personal kind of data you can have: DNA. We are building an app store that will be a one-of-a-kind genomics storefront, rich with partner products ranging from carrier screening to recreation to health and wellness. We are building a developer ecosystem that will unlock the creativity of the community to discover new insights that we can’t even dream of today.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity - we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome.
- Responsibility - we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products.
- Agility - flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture.
- Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments.
As a DevOps Software Engineer, you will:
- Grow a continuous delivery pipeline enabling frequent and seamless production deployments.
- Integrate best-of-breed logging, monitoring, and metrics frameworks.
- Promote a pervasive DevOps culture in the organization through tools, processes, and advocacy.
- Operate in a strong cloud security ecosystem.
- 5+ years development experience in Golang, Java, Python, C#, or C++.
- 5+ years scriptingexperience in shell, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration tools like Jenkins, GoCD, or CircleCI.
- Experience running Docker containers on AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with automated configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with Vault, Consul, Terraform or similar tools for secret management, service discovery, and infrastructure definition.
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery.
- BS+ in Computer Science required; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus.