Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Senior/Principal Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering team based at our Andover, MA, USA facility located about 30 minutes North of Boston.
The Senior/Principal Software Engineer will impact the organization through software code design, development, implementation, and bug fixes on Linux Kernel within the Control Platform for embedded communication devices, but not exclusively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop code to boot Linux in an embedded system and code to manage CPU infrastructure (storage, memory, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with boot code and Linux on various platforms.
- Port boot code and Linux to different CPU architectures.
- Assist with debugging of system crashes by analyzing core dumps.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Senior Level: 5-7 years of related software development experience for embedded systems in the telecom network industry.
- Principal Level: 7+ years of related software development experience for embedded systems in the telecom network industry.
- Solid understanding of CPU architectures such as MIPS, ARM and x86.
- Solid understanding of Operating System concepts.
- Good understanding of hardware in embedded systems.
- Experience with board support packages and system development kits.
- Some experience in the design, implementation, debugging and testing of operating system drivers a plus.
- Fluent in “C” programming.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a high-pressure, team environment.
- Problem solver – Able to be resourceful and “figure things out.”
- Self-confident – Able to express opinions and influence effectively.
- Professional demeanor.
Tracking Code 680