What you’ll be doing...
As the Senior Principal Security Operations Specialist, you will be a direct report to the Director of the Threat Management Center (TMC). You will leverage advanced information security, operations, cyber defense, and incident response experience to drive change and transformation within the TMC.
- Continuing to drive transformational activities to achieve the goals and objectives of Threat Management Center.
- Evaluating and driving new processes and technology to enhance efficiencies and building out capabilities across the team.
- Leading and enhancing the change management strategy to drive cultural and operational changes while delivering increased employee engagement.
- Developing strategy for future cyber defense tools, techniques, policies and procedures relative to the changing threat environment.
- Coordinating/collaborating throughout the Verizon business to ensure common tools and techniques are properly utilized for cyber defense and cyber threat intelligence.
- Assisting the development of policy and procedures for cyber defense activities during daily operations and incident response situations.
- Managing training development for cyber defense specialists and providing training as necessary to ensure cybersecurity specialists are prepared to perform duties as assigned.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a metrics program that shows the effectiveness of cyber defensive capabilities leveraging accepted standards (VERIS, Cyber Kill Chain, etc.).
- Ensuring all processes and access are in line with corporate policies (GSAM, CPI810, etc.).
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing an information security, Cyber Defense and/or Security Operations Center.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree combined with experience in information security, cyber defense, and incident response. Capability to engage and provide senior level communications to all levels and functions within the company.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in implementing leading-edge technology.
- Experience in managing information security / cyber defense functions.
- An understanding of information technology security operations requirements within a commercial industry environment. Demonstrated ability to build security operations capabilities as well as manage a security operations team.
- Have or be able to build strong, value added, relationships with our CISO community.
- Demonstrated strong communication and analytical skills.
- An understanding of Verizon’s customers, products and services.
- Have or be able to build a strong understanding of cyber risks and adversaries to Verizon.
- Strong leadership and program management skills and demonstrated ability to develop new information security competencies/capabilities.
- Implemented change management practices that drive changes that result in better practices and effectiveness of an organization.
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills with the proven ability to thrive in dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities and challenging situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.