About the Role:
The Global Security Office is currently seeking candidates for an experienced Security DevOps Engineer. This is an opportunity to make your ding in the security universe and work with an industry leading group of cybersecurity professionals at Symantec, supporting full life cycle cybersecurity operations.We are seeking an individual that can bring in-depth automation, development and systems experience to support daily operations and help grow and mature our current SOC environment. As a Principal Security DevOps Engineer you will directly support the Security Operations Center by driving the vision and development of Symantec’s custom SOC service delivery capabilities.
- Lead the vision, development and operations of the Defensive Cyber Operations DevOps processes and infrastructure.
- Design and maintain the build and continuous delivery pipelines for detection, intelligence, and response technologies.
- Work closely with the Detection and Response Engineering (DRE) team to build devOps methodologies into their standard processes.
- Develop continuous service delivery and configuration management processes for a number of critical legacy services.
- Maintain a number of critical detection and intelligence services.
- Be the DevOps champion to drive automated and reliable delivery practices into all security service delivery.
- 5+ years of DevOps, Development, or Security Operations experience
- BS/MSdegree in CS/EE or related technical field
- Advanced git code management experience
- Experience building secure continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience hardening and managing complex Linux environments
- Experience with virtual environments and software defined networking technologies
- Experience with cloud orchestration and automation tools i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Outstanding leadership experience and the ability to drive complex project requirements across a heavily matrixed organization
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Solid scripting skills. Python preferred.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- *nix administration experience
- ESX administration experience
- Microservice architecture and operations experience including Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, or ECS
- Service orient architecture development and/or operations experience
- Experience work with Amazon AWS and Azure and Hybrid Cloud workloads
- Experience with statically typed programming languages (e.g. Java, C, Go, etc.)