Lead, design and execute independent research that support Research Beyond Borders (RBB) Regenerative Medicine projects.
Propose new projects and prioritize projects aligned with the overall strategy.
Implement and communicate tactics for achieving overall RBB short, mid and long term project goals.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates strong expertise in the field of regenerative medicine
- Provide guidance and expertise to advance specific projects
- Work closely with the head of the RBB lab to conduct specific in vitro/ex vivo experiments leading to the progression of prioritized projects
- Contributes to defining R&D team goals and collaborates with scientists within and outside functional area in achieving them; Assumes departmental responsibility for projects OR has ability to participate as representative on multiple project teams and contribute to defining expertise-related aspects of overall program goals
- Develops broad knowledge in field of expertise, including the ability to interpret current literature relevant to R&D projects, and visibility outside of functional area
- Prepares clear technical reports, publications and oral presentations. Independently communicate results in the form of reports and/ or presentations; Deliver updates to senior level management in context of overall project goals
- Complies with all applicable regulations; Ensures that work performed in area of responsibility is conducted in a safe and compliant manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
- Contributes to departmental administration; Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with respect to cost of experiments, technology, external collaborations, and travel
- Ph.D. from an accredited institution, or equivalent, with between 2 to 5+years of experience in a related field or equivalent in pharma/biotech industry
- Proven track record in project leadership in space of regenerative medicine is absolutely required
- Proven track record demonstrating strong knowledge in animal model of regeneration and stem cell in vitro assay
- Must have an extensive and up to date knowledge in the field of regenerative medicine
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older