The biology scientist will participate in efforts to design and execute strategies to validate target biology, understand mechanisms related to drug response and resistance and to develop bioassays for clinical trials. The successful candidate should have extensive experience in cell biology mechanism of action studies, in vivo efficacy studies and bioassay development. This person will report to Head of Biology and work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment and with both in office and remote team members.
- Design and oversee in vitro and in vivo studies to demonstrate efficacy, discover and validate pathways and biomarkers associated with mechanism of action and drug response.
- Participate in patient and preclinical model selection strategy.
- Provide pharmacologic and pharmacodynamic rationales and translational/experimental medicine approaches for clinical protocols.
- Biomarker strategy and assay development.
- Management of CROs and consultants.
- Collaborate and contribute to multi-disciplinary drug development teams.
- Ph.D. with 3+ years, or M.S. with 8+ years, of experience in the biopharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience in cellular and/or in vivo models of diseases is critical.
- Experience with setting up clinical assays for clinical trials is desirable.
- Domain knowledge in chronic kidney disease, inflammatory diseases, or anemia research is preferred.
- Experience supporting the development of therapeutic biologics is desirable.
- Experience in managing CROs is desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional, fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage projects to meet key deliverables.