One of the reasons Upstart has experienced such rapid growth is because of the clear-eyed, analytical approach we take to product enhancements. The right candidate for this role should be highly capable, able to organize both ideas and people, and excel at problem solving of many kinds. You should have a bias toward action and be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive rapid product development. You will bridge the technical and business worlds as you first design services that our customers love and then engage stakeholders to make them a reality. By clearly defining requirements and removing blockers, you will act as a multiplier on the productivity of your team.
Position Location - This role is available across the US.
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates in all US time zones.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 2-3 days per Month at our San Mateo or Columbus office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Conduct user research and manage stakeholders to drive consensus for our MVP launch
- Write detailed requirements; manage agile processes to ensure consistent execution and accurate timelines
- Make smart trade-offs to inform the ongoing product roadmap, prioritizing the features with the highest ROI and experimenting when necessary
- Passionately advocate for a customer experience that leads to extreme customer loyalty
- Collaborate with machine learning and marketing to balance unit economics with long-term customer value
- Demonstrate and encourage best practices in product management by working with other PMs throughout the company
- Make this nascent line of business successful in meeting the needs of customers and attracting material market
Here is what we are looking for:
- BA/BS in Economics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years of product management experience at a computationally heavy growth-stage company.
- Experience bringing a new product from concept to launch to scale.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Passion and aptitude for credit and financing-related economic concepts.
- Experience with a product that relies on machine-learning.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in informal or formal product leadership responsibilities.
- Experience bringing teams together using Agile development methodology.
- Experience building online finance products, and/or knowledge of the consumer finance market.
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks