With 5 manufacturing facilities in the US, there are always opportunities to move up or around within the company. Exide has an engineering career progression ladder that allows engineers to progress in the organization in either an individual contributor or managerial role.
Read below for the formal description. But, apply to learn more about or new projects for the upcoming year where you’ll play a key role in our manufacturing plants and other key initiatives.
- Create standards, program, simulate, and test PLCs for automation specifically around the application of robotics and its integration with the battery manufacturing process
- SME position is the go-to person for critical troubleshooting events, new process improvement recommendations and, design improvements.
- Develop PID loops for critical process controls to improve our process capabilities
- Develop SCADA solutions and integrate MES solutions to improve our manufacturing efficiency and help drive strategic process improvements
- Understand the processes at our facilities and the roles of people
- Grow knowledge of the facility team and improve documentation.
- Ability to handle lead, and lead acid batteries.
- Take ownership of the automation aspects or our process’
- Improve uptime targets via the process improvements
- Increase production speed at the current quality requirements and uptime
- Isolate critical data outputs of the process and define indicators of key process performance
- Complete finite element analysis (FEA)
- Ability to foster strong relationship with members of the operations team and vendors
- Able to work at all levels across the organization
- Ability to grow your personal knowledge and technical ability.
- Colaboratively lead the organization, with the support ot the IT function in a strategy around IOT and Industry 4.0
- BS Or Greater in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of direct experience in process or manufacturing engineering, with a track record of driving operational excellence
- Proven experience with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, or Toshiba but Allen Bradly is preferred
- . Experience in HMI and/or Operator Interface programming and configuration of any of the following software packages Ignition, Wonderware, Rockwell, Intellution, Factory Talk, GE Cimplicity, Ci-Tech, Iconics, Siemens, or US Data is a requirement for this role, and Ignition is preferred
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database software, have helped you track, analyze, form conclusions and communicate a message throughout your career
- Six sigma certification is a strong plus, and should you be selected for the role without this certification, Exide will sponsor and pay for your training/certification
About the work environment:
- You will work in both office and manufacturing environments. Battery manufacturing employs chemicals, heat and heavy equipment, and as such you will at times be exposed to lead, fumes, noise, dirt, hazards, and chemicals, and in all cases will be provided with appropriate PPE.
- You must be able to see, hear and speak; able to sit, stand for at least two hours at a time, sit, bend, crawl, squat, kneel and climb able to use both arms and hands to use a computer and peripherals and lift 40 pounds from floor level, able to work below ground level in confined spaces and on stationary or mobile elevated platforms, able to wear respirator and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, able to climb stairs.
- Travel may be high for this position as you will be expected to spend greater than 75% of your time in the manufacturing facilities.