NEW PRODUCT/PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT
Collaborate with marketing and their creative resources on establishing cost and feasibility parameters for each new proposed concept
Collaborate with internal departments and external suppliers to determine feasibility of new packaging related to functionality, aesthetics, compatibility, timing, cost, and quality
Apply the Packaging End to End frame work
- Use all packaging tools and processes to lead to approved pre-cost and pre-specifications for Components and Finished goods.
- Ensure robust Technical Readiness
- Apply regulatory requirements
Standardization and Simplification
- Reduce complexity by offering marketing the Global Packaging Menu of components, where available.
- Systematically define cost savings opportunities during conception by building them in the original design wherever possible.
Hand over a proved feasibility to Supply Chain Packaging
- Provide technical data and collaborate with the assigned factory team(s) during all phases of new projects.
- Qualify production tools and Validate Packaging Lines
- Ensure final product quality & design integrity compared to marketing’s approved packaging definition.
Contribute Packaging Test Methods maintenance (in coordination with QA)
- Master packaging methods and equipment instructions
- Communicate to Suppliers on relevant test methods
- Drive ideation actions and related programs to convert into innovative products
- Co-lead with R&D Directors the Technology Roadmap for blue-sky innovation.
- Support Innovation Council and Technology Platforms programs
- Keep up-to-date with latest packaging technology, market trends, and materials (trade shows, trade literature, professional memberships, suppliers’ visits, attendance of pertinent seminars & conferences).
- Collaborate with strategic suppliers on exploration and development of prospective innovative products or technology for Coty’s exclusive use.
- Test early new concepts and cost model new packaging for preliminary financial viability
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
PEOPLE SKILLS / SOFT SKILLS:
- Entrepreneur and curious (new consumer experience)
- Not afraid to fail and challenge status quo
- Ability to function with ease in both marketing and technical environments.
- Creating positive relationships and receptive atmosphere with the Business partners through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual, able to work in relative autonomy.
- Demonstrated performance agility in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and stay focus on targets
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION:
- Demonstrated HIGH level of creativity, flexibility, and uses innovative approaches (“out of box”).
- Possess technical curiosity
- Share new ideas with Technical global community
- Support prospective development work
EXPERENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated broad and in-depth knowledge of packaging materials and processes.
- Good ability to perform Design validation, Risk analysis, and Costing
- Demonstrated ability to well translate concepts, ideas into packaging solutions, drawings, specifications, and the related industrial processes (including analyzing all technical and functional aspects of the package).
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Packaging Development professional in the Beauty industry
- Experience in leading upstream developments from Concept phase to in-market delivery (including tooling and production line qualification)
- Track record of successful in market technical innovations
- Experience and strength in collaboration with both internal (including Marketing, Procurement and Manufacturing) and external stakeholders (including suppliers, design agencies)
- Able to travel when required by strategic programs (global suppliers, Coty plants)
- Professional fluency in English
- Academic qualifications: Masters in sciences
- CAD literacy: expert level