Define, simulate, prototype and verify advance optoelectronics package designs, such as gold box, BGA, 2.5D/3D, and related tester and process station for high baud rate coherent components and modules product development. This requires the development of Solidworks 3D models, thermal and stress simulations, test infrastructure and associated testers to verify package designs and support product EVT/DVT and ramp. Work with the component and module design teams to enable continued advanced product development programs. This is a critical role in terms of the introduction of advanced mechanical package design concept, product prototype, verification, cost reduction, ramp, and technology roadmap development to support company’s next generation high speed/low-cost platform requirements.
· Deep knowledge in opto-mechanical design for developing high speed coherent components and modules (ranging from high reliability/long lifetime to low-cost designs)
· Going all the way through conceptual design, package prototyping, fixture/tooling design for optimal optical alignment, and testers for product EVT and DVT.
· Deep Knowledge in thermal and stress analysis using Finite Element Analysis
· Deep Knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stack-up analysis
· Expertise in package prototype and assembly process development is a plus.
· Knowledge in package substrate (organic, ceramic, glass or silicon), 2.5D/3D packaging, soldering materials, epoxy, fibers and optical components, such as EDFA is preferred
· Excellent communication skills are needed to contribute effectively in a highly cross-functional team environment
· Knowledge of telecommunication and data center product reliability and qualification is desirable
· Education and/or Experience: Graduate degree, Masters, or preferably a Doctoral Degree from an accredited university in mechanical engineering or related majors.
· A minimum of 5 years of industry experience is required, but ideally the candidate will have 10 or more years of experience.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Particular importance is placed on previous industry experience with complex mechanical design, thermal management and product development for telecommunication and data center interconnect products.
· Excellent Experience with mechanical design and thermal simulation software such as Solidworks, FloTHERM, or equivalent mechanical design simulation tools is essential.
· Basic programming skills in a number of languages (Visual Basic, C, Matlab, etc) to enable test scripting and automation, and experience with data analysis software such as SAS JMP is desirable.
· Self-motivated and flexible for traveling to Neo Asia and CM sites during product development (10~15% of time)
Valid through: 12/20/2021