- Necessary to human well-being and safety,
- Addressing global problems that our skills and capabilities are well-placed to solve.
- A cause worthy of our efforts.
- We share a motivation to protect and be of service to others.
- We thrive in high-performing teams that care deeply about their mission
- We take pride in learning and developing our tradecraft.
The Security Engineering team within the GSO is responsible for the design and build of all security solutions within Symantec. The team works to realize quality technology outcomes and operates cross functionally to ensure our security capabilities and solutions are effectively integrated across the Symantec business.
- We are currently seeking a Lead Splunk Application Engineer to join our Security Engineering team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your experience to improve Symantec's ability to detect and respond to cyber attacks. You will build and maintain systems, capabilities, tools, and analytics that improve threat hunting and other defensive activities. You're looking to enhance your good technical acumen and enter into small team leadership.
- Develop and maintain expertise on the implementation of security technologies and their application to defensive activities with a focus on security information and event management (SIEM)
- Onboard and deliver log sources from a wide variety of sources across the Symantec ecosystem
- Design and build custom applications for use within the GSO SIEM platform
- Deliver and maintain a suite of defensive security technologies across Symantec, Implementing patterns derived from the Security Architecture team and meeting the requirements of the Security Operations Center
- Develop a deep understanding of Symantec current security product portfolio, customer facing requirements and forward-looking threat profile
- Perform investigations, proof of concepts, test, build, and document cutting edge security technologies as required by the architecture and business needs
- Lead the creation of design artefacts that describe the technical aspects of the security solutions that are being built
- Further the design and development of Symantec's Splunk and SIEM solution
- Work with teams within Symantec's security organization, IT, and throughout the company to design, build, and deploy SIEM and related monitoring infrastructure
- Assist with Splunk and SIEM administration and operations
- Drive project orientated deliverables on time and with available resources.
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor on security technologies to stakeholders including customers, executives, peers, and employees
- Ability to present and defend views to senior management.
- Guidance and mentor Junior colleagues
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience in application development and the use of agile technologies like GIT and STASH
- Experience building Splunk applications, dashboards, field extractions, regex and lookups.
- Agile methodology aware with ability to lead scrum sessions
- Experience designing and implementing solutions for security technologies with a focus on cyber defense and the use of security information and event management (SIEM), networking and virtualization technologies
- Advanced SPL skills.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry requiring protection of sensitive information.
- Deadline driven and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop innovative risk mitigation solutions that address core issues.