Job Overview: McDermott’s Technology operating group provides a wide range of process technologies and related services to the petrochemical, petroleum refining and oil and gas industries. We are looking for a Senior Principal Estimator for our Bloomfield, NJ office. This person will be responsible for preparation of Bid Estimates. In addition, provides guidance, direction and specialized assistance for the resolution of complex estimating problems in accordance with the company's procedures. The person will also be responsible for conceptual cost estimating. This is typically generating +/- 30-50% accuracy estimates.
- Work with the technology management, project management and commercial teams to develop cost estimates in support of bids. Interaction with the EPC division will also be necessary to ensure the estimates are consistent across the businesses.
- Develop conceptual total investment costs estimates for process plants (+/- 30 to 50% accuracy)
- Develop NPV calculations and analysis in support of bids
- Provides guidance and direction to the Project Management team with respect to cost basis for Bid Estimates.
- Plans and works pro-actively with the other functional departments to identify priorities and expedites estimate input data to achieve the planned completion date and quality.
- Combines inputs from functional departments into a total estimate.
- Completes management review forms as well as executive bid summary cost templates.
- Obtains early phase quotes for materials and services and assigns these costs within the estimate.
- Develops labor cost rates and productivity ratios.
- Accumulates, evaluates and documents historical cost data and methods to maintain current estimating standards and databases.
- Develops and presents relevant cost background information.
- Participates in client presentations and negotiations as required.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 10+ years’ experience in cost estimating for industrial EPC projects including: Budgetary/Conceptual total installed cost, equipment packages, detailed material supply, and basic engineering and design packages.
- B.Sc in Chemical Engineering
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently and in team environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, leadership, numeric ability, organization and control skills, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Power Point and ICARUS or similar cost estimating tool.
Company Overview: McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.