Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
SplunkZero, the internal innovation team using and promoting the use of Splunk, at Splunk is looking for a Splunk Principal Engineer to architect and build innovative use cases for Splunk’s internal departments. This position is responsible for leading the technical innovation and development of internal applications for business and technical partners. SplunkZero's efforts will serve as a mechanism to showcase the possibilities of our products to prospects and customers. The role involves ownership and technical project management, working closely with other members of marketing, sales, sales engineering, product management, development engineering, and partners, leading the end to end experience. The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco, California and is a fantastic opportunity at a fast-growing and dynamic enterprise technology company. Strong technical experience within enterprise software is critical.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Innovation: Lead ideation process for new use cases to be built on Splunk for internal business teams. Connect market and technology trends with Splunk’s technology to identify key use cases.
- Architecture: Design and architect Splunk for an ideal state-of-the-art enterprise information platform.
- Design and implement process and runbooks to promote innovation ideas to Production Operations
- Technical collateral: Create content that best conveys the Splunk technology story which may include demos, presentations, whitepapers and other tools.
- Product demonstrations: Package and showcase Splunk on Splunk use cases as demos to business partners, sales teams and customers.
- Voice of the customer: Comprehend and articulate the customer perspective to engage Product teams on Splunk features and roadmap.
- Mentorship: Provide coaching and mentorship to technology teams to enable their use of Splunk to satisfy their business goals. Provide domain expertise for Splunk SPL query writing, dashboard creation, and alert configuration.
Required Skills and Background: I've already done that or have that!
- 8+ years experience with IT or working in a large enterprise environment
- Splunk Certified Architect II or 2+ years architectureexperience with distributed Splunk deployment, utilizing search head clustering, indexer clustering, and deployment server
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, oozes creativity, and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology with flair and to different types of audience.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management software products, networking, server, application monitoring and/or web technologies.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
- Experience in interacting with customers and onboarding, configuration, and optimization in Splunk
- Experience with using scriptinglanguages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Proficient with operating system utilities as well as server monitoring and diagnostic tools to identify and fix server software and network issues.