D3 Engineering is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer with a strong power electronics design and development background who will provide individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded hardware/software systems.
A Principal engineer at D3 is the leading technical voice within the group. You will foster innovative thinking by initiating continuous improvement discussions on all aspects of product design and development.
D3 Engineering, LLC, headquartered in Rochester, NY, is an established engineering services company. In business for over 15years, we are focused on new product development utilizing our expertise in Embedded Vision and Digital Power & Motion serving the Industrial, Bio-Medical, Automotive and, Security & Defense markets.
D3 offers competitive salaries as well as medical, retirement benefits and flexible working hours. Our engineers have the opportunity to be engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere.
- An excellent understanding of control theory as applied to power conversion and motion control (design-oriented analysis)
- Experience developing embedded and real-time systems in C, C++ or FPGA Design (Verilog and/or VHDL)
- Ability to implement power converter or control system simulation using state-of-the-art tools (such as Matlab/Simulink/PSpice)
- Comprehensive understanding of circuit board design for power electronics application, such as analog signal processing and gate drivercircuits.
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this understanding to quickly isolate issues and faults.
- Ability to guide and oversee layout designers, and provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
- A demonstrable ability to perform trade studies and tradeoff analyses.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Established lead in the high-level architecture and design of electronic systems.
- Play a key role in all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests) and traceability matrix, and transfer.
- Maintain awareness of new component developments and emerging technologies relevant to motion controls and use/recommend them for new designs where appropriate to achieve cost, performance and size goals.
- Set the standard for design best practices and collaborate with engineering, the firmware and software design teams to yield outstanding new products.
- Provide technical oversight and review support to development teams during product design and development.
- Coach and mentor lesser experienced engineers.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering discipline along with 12+ years of directly related experience and/or equivalent combination in power electronics.
- Demonstrated subject matter experience
- Masters Preferred
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
For more information about D3 Engineering, please visit
No 3rd Parties, Please!
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.