: United States-Virginia-FairfaxUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesRelocation Assistance: No relocation assistance availableClearance Type: None
: 1st Shift
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn’t just an idea--it's a way of life. Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Principal Engineer to provide engineering, pricing, and leading a team of 4-12 people to support the evaluations for the privatization of electric, gas, water, and wastewater utility systems at Air Force, Army, and DLA Installations.
Specific duties include:
- Reviews Request for Proposals.
- Participates in past performance evaluations.
- Evaluates technical and price proposals.
- Leads multidiscipline teams to consensus on their technical and price evaluations.
- Writes and coordinates evaluation reports.
- Participates in contract negotiations; identifies issues, reviews offer comments, and drafts Government responses.
- Drafts contracting documents to include Source Selection Decision Documents and Source Selection Authority briefings.
This position is for a telecommuter. Phone and computer will be provided.
(It is preferred that the Telecommuter must live within a two hour drive of Lorton, VA to allow attendance of meetings.)
- BS in Electrical, Civil or Mechanical engineering is required in addition to a minimum of 9 years of experience (7 years of
experience with a MS Degree)
- Experience with Government contracting, project management and working with the Military
- Experience with military Utilities Privatization program requirements and policies
--US Citizenship is required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.