This Senior Principal Engineer will be focused on various new technologies that form a crucial pillar for WSJ's strategic growth goals. You will architect and guide the delivery of cross-departmental programs. Programs require many teams and partners. You will be needed to bridge the gap between these areas and deliver scalable, sustainable solutions and meet our goals.
The Wall Street Journal engineering team is part of the Dow Jones Technology department. This position will help ensure our solutions align with the larger Dow Jones strategy for technology, with a view on building functionality that can be broadly adopted and reused by other teams and departments.
- Be a strong full-stack developer. Expert knowledge of web application development is mandatory. Cloud development and expertise of stacks such as Node.JS is a must.
- Design and lead the development of key architectural projects to improve our platforms and technology
- Work closely with journalists, product managers, designers and other engineering teams to design solutions that meet our goals.
- Mentor and support engineers across all WSJ engineering teams
- Define best practices and standards that lead to broad, positive change for
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the web application space.
- An experienced engineer with at least 3 years in a lead or management role
- An expert in building robust architectures that serve millions of users daily
- Played a central role in decision making for both technical and organizational issues.
- Very strong skills in written, visual, and verbal communications.
- A passionate mentor, sought out by other employees and external teams and individuals
- Well-versed in the news and media industry, possessing a deep and broad knowledge of both current and new technologies that affect the business