United States of AmericaLocation:
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USAPosition Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.Innovation through diversity of thought.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire, and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect, and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?Job Summary:
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an experienced, proactive, and goal-oriented Senior Principal Engineer in our Engineering Support to Operations (ESTO) to lead Engineering's support to Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) deployment, and execution of key hardware within the Engineering Support to Operations (ESTO) team. Reporting to the Engineering Support to Operations MRL Manager, the Senior Principal Engineer will lead and manage MRL activities for key and critical hardware interfacing with operations, suppliers and be integrated with the manufacturing engineering organization MRL team. The ESTO MRL Senior Project Engineer will be primary owner of key MRL deliverables, planning milestones, risk identification, communication and mitigation via the ESTO MRL organization.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide ESTO team support to all involved departments cohesively and drive ESTO MRL timely advancement performance of assigned parts to drive down defects.
- Support operations and module center manufacturing engineers to support new product introductions (NPI), source transitions, and technology insertion tasks.
- Report MRL progression status and milestone risks to ESTO senior leadership, internal, and external customers.
- Identification and communication of project risks with Core ME, provide notification of risk reduction and/or quality improvement/cost savings opportunities to the operations MRL team senior leadership.
- Support timely MRL progression and hardware transitions from development to production for assigned hardware. Oversee implementation and execution engineering changes.
- Proactively work with suppliers to obtain required data/documentation for MRL progression, defect reduction, and process capability improvements, including PFMEA, PCPs, Tool, Gage plans and support, assist process qualification, certification, and FAI activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree Science, Technology, or Engineering, and 10+ years of Engineering experience, or
- An Advanced Degree in Science, Technology, or Engineering, and 7+ years of Engineering experience
- Degree from ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited schools.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
What is my role type?
- Requires expert or mastery level knowledge of work area, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management. Advanced knowledge of related disciplines within work area and ability to identify links and potential impact on projects, programs, or systems.
- Effective team player, can share, coach, and contribute freely to a team setting as needed.
- Good analytical, with proficiency in NX and problem-solving skills
- ACE/CORE/ 6 Sigma knowledge and/or certification.
- Strong understanding of other continuous improvement skills: Design of Experiments (DOE), Red-X, Lean, Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and other continuous improvement tools.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms