We are seeking an exceptional Senior Principal Electronics Engineer to lead development of new generation analog power controllers for energy based aesthetic devices in our R&D team. This individual would have direct impact on shaping the future of medical and aesthetic dermatology devices and therefore influence how these medical fields are practiced in the future. Working in close cooperation with Cutera clinical team, successful candidate would help to improve health and lifestyle of thousands of patients.
As a self-starter and problem solver in all aspects of electronic/system design, the successful candidate will possess strong debugging skills and be creative in choosing problem solving methods. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
- Participate in medical device development activities, including development of new device requirements, system specifications and architecture.
- Design analog power systems for aesthetic devices, such as lasers and RF sources as well as control of TE cooling devices.
- Familiar with mixed analog/digital systems including microcontrollers.
- Work with Sustaining Engineering Group providing support for existing devices.
- Assure compliance with all applicable electrical safety and EMC standards using appropriate design and testing methodologies
- Work closely with a group of embedded software engineers on system implementation
- Bachelor's or higher degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of related experience in high speed and/or high power embedded control system design and debugging.
- Ability to work with other electrical and electronics engineers, mechanical and optical engineers, software engineers and scientists to develop new products.
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of high power (100+ Watts) analog control systems.
- Experience in Design-for-Testability, Built-in Test and redundancy.
- Expertise in determining stability of closed loop control systems (margin analysis)
- Proficient designing with Altium, including disciplined approach in parts/library creation/maintenance.
- Proven capability to do own layout of complex PCBA’s and take the design through fabrication/assembly and performance verification.
- Expertise in designing advanced digital control systems based on ARM microprocessors as well as knowledge to of writing simple test programs.
- Expertise in designing with Xilinx systems and tools
- Working knowledge of Python scripts
- Prior experience in medical device design and safety
- Working knowledge of EN60601
- Experience in design for EMI