Senior Principal Device Engineer
ON Semiconductor in South Portland, Maine is seeking a pro-active, independent, self-motivated leader with exemplary customer service, strong communication and problem solving skills. Working with the corporate R&D team as a Device Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on silicon technology development of power devices with leading edge performance in existing and next generation BCD processes. The role involves working closely with design and applications to translate their requirements into device/process solutions and leading those solutions into high volume manufacturing.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
● Define device performance specifications based on customer input and develop the process changes needed to achieve them.
● Perform TCAD simulations to optimize device performance within process windows.
● Design and layout test structures to validate new device designs, study process manufacturability, confirm reliability, and extract SPICE models.
● Design process experiments and splits to evaluate new device and technology performance.
● Direct device and process characterization and perform as needed.
● Analyze results of experiments and communicate them to relevant groups.
● Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field with emphasis on semiconductor physics.
● 8+ years of relevant industry experience with increasing responsibilities.
● Strong understanding of semiconductor device physics, operation, modeling and characterization particularly with high-voltage operation and reliability.
● Strong knowledge of BCD process technologies used for high voltage, analog, mixed signal and digital designs.
● Hands-on experience with TCAD tools doing process and device simulations.
● Hands-on experience with EDA tools from Cadence and Mentor Graphics.
● Expertise in characterization of semiconductor devices with high voltage measurement experience desired.
● Familiar with software tools for data analysis and statistical modeling.
● Experience with ESD device design, characterization, and circuit protection methodology will be considered favorably.
● Experience supporting multiple product design groups worldwide simultaneously with aggressive schedules.