The RIS Hardware and Infrastructure Engineering (HW&I) team has an opening for a Cloud Architect who feeds off the opportunity of rolling up their sleeves to take on meaningful problems each and every day, is a passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact. This position will leverage your deep technical AWS knowledge to boost cloud adoption for our partners. The responsibilities for this position include engaging with programs and capture efforts to understand architectures and recommend appropriate technical solutions. The qualified team member should possess knowledge and experience with network technologies, services, operations, and security.See More
The ability to obtain a US Government Top Secret security clearance is required for this position (US citizenship required).
• Ten years of progressively responsible experience in design, Implementation and administration of hardware and cloud based infrastructures
• Demonstrated experience in providing technical guidance to large remote multi-discipline teams.
• Experience working on competitive proposal teams in an engineering/cloud architect role, gathering infrastructure requirements, and providing winning input to technical and cost proposal offerings.
• Architect Amazon AWS IaaS offerings in FedRAMP authorized environments
• Develop baseline for deliverables to include; Network access, Restriction of internet facing resources within cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within AWS
• Proficient technical knowledge of Linux operating systems including RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOs, or like
• Deep understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
• Excellent communicator with the ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams
• Adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
• High level of motivation, self-starter, ability to demonstrate effective project management and completion of complex network tasks with little guidance
• Excellent time management skills
• Produce Cloud Resource Templates, Policies and Governance Plans
• Hybrid Cloud Environment Support and knowledge transfer
• Provide guidance and recommendation on cloud solutions to business challenges with a cloud first vision
• Understanding on federal cyber policy and guidelines for cloud
• Communicate and work in an agile and automated environment with teams, managers, business units and stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College required with 10+ years of related work experience
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Valid through: 1/29/2021