Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
As the scope and scale of MSEA Innovation Center’s work in modeling complex systems grows, we require a senior thought leader that can ensure that MITRE establishes and retains status as a top-tier center for the practice. This role will focus on developing MITRE’s external reputation, guiding the development of our capabilities in this area, and shaping work in the domain.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively publishing leading papers and books in the domain;
- Leading domain-wide working groups to advance the field;
- Promote, mentor, and develop L140’s staff to grow in this area;
- Lead and mentor research work within MITRE in the domain of complex systems;
- Work with programs and division leadership to shape more impactful complex systems modeling work.
- MITRE’s Good Growth Strategy, Vision and Mission: Effectively executes the strategy, vision, and mission
- Work Program Definition and Oversight: Internalizes and execution of strategic outcomes
- Multi-level Sponsor Engagement: Sponsor/stakeholder engagements or enterprise wide engagements
- Develop Our People: Acquires, develops, coaches, leads, and enables an inclusive and diverse workforce
- Collaboration and Communications: Effectively collaborates and communicates with sponsors and stakeholders or with internal stakeholders enterprise wide
- The MITRE Brand: Ensures product or program quality and is aligned to MITRE Brand
- Good Steward of Resources: Effectively manages the operations of a department (revenue, costs, people, etc.)
- Day‐to‐day interface with sponsors or internal customers to develop trusted working relationships
- All aspects of project or department performance, including staff selection, technical quality, programmatic support, and budgetary development/execution and are supported by their management
- High technical quality of products or programs
- Ensures delivery of regular, constructive feedback and developmental support to Project Leaders or to staff
- Development of future MITRE leaders
- People have clear expectations and goals that contribute to important sponsor or enterprise strategic outcomes as well as project level outcomes
Key Cultural/Behavior Attributes:
- Grace and respect
Key Leadership Effectiveness Attributes:
- Management focus
Key Organizational Criteria:
- Leads a department or function that has significant impact for sponsors, partners, and/or MITRE enterprise
- Department or function provides multiple services or complex products/ solutions
- Has multiple direct reports or leads a function
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or equivalent in combined education and experience)
- 15 years of related job experience with a solid background in conducting and publishing research in the field.
- Doctoral degree in related field preferred
- Leadership position in external organizations in the field
- External honors in the field
This requisition requires the following clearance(s):
NoneMITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.