Who you’ll work with
The Credit team is a group of over twenty professionals who invest across the full spectrum of credit products employing a wide variety of investment styles including deep-dive fundamental analysis, enhanced indexing, quantitative and systematic strategies, and fund investments.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will help support the team’s efforts to meaningfully grow the private credit business line.
As part of a dynamic trading floor environment, you will be exposed to different strategies and risk-taking styles within the broader Capital Markets group through regular interactions. Based on our team’s broad mandate in terms of sector, capital structure, and risk tolerance, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other members of OTPP investment teams in Equities, Infrastructure and Natural Resources in Toronto, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
What you’ll do
- Manage a deal team in the evaluation, diligence and execution of diverse private credit opportunities
- Play a key role in managing relationships with both internal and external parties
- Work with the Credit Funds team in the due diligence of existing and prospective credit fund investments
- Work with internal Investments teams and industry experts to facilitate due diligence research
- Contribute meaningfully to the evolution and execution of the strategic direction of the private credit team
- Model Teachers’ values (Inclusive, Performance-driven, Curious, Agile, Courageous)
What you’ll need
- 8+ years of meaningful work experience, with ideally the most recent experience being in private credit. Supplemented by previous experiences in public credit investing, private equity, and/or investment banking.
- Strong academic background, with a financial designation (i.e. MBA, CFA, CBV or CA designation a plus)
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills to perform in-depth, innovative, critical analysis
- A deep understanding of fundamental investment analysis, with solid financial modeling and valuation skills
- Experience in playing a leading role in the investment process, including conducting due diligence and negotiating documentation
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build constructive relationships with internal and external parties
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- An ability to balance priorities, work independently, meet tight timelines, lead projects, and thrive in a high-performance team environment
- High commitment to be a team player, with a genuine collaborative spirit
- Strong sense of business ethics, high standard of work ethic and professional integrity
- Willing to travel
What we're offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage
- Competitive employer sponsored retirement plan
- Competitive time off