Kemper has an immediate need for a skilled and motivated Senior Pricing Data Analyst to join our Actuarial team at our corporate offices in Chicago. In this exciting role, you will improve efficiencies and accuracies in reporting, which will allow for speed to data insight. Develop new reports: define, compile, analyze and interpret appropriate data to support reports; develop and build reports to meet internal customer needs; deliver and present information to technical and/or non-technical audiences; reports include analysis on mix shift, loss and premium trends, product monitoring, competitive intel, profitability and loss. Enhance the collection, querying and manipulation of data, tools and processes; improve data accuracy; pull from most appropriate data source; improve efficiency by automation of tools and processes. Analyze and interpret reports; monitor business performance and trends at a countrywide level.
• 6+ years of experience in data and business analysis.
• Experience in the P&C insurance industry is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, business, economics, mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or related field.
• Strong math, analytical and problem-solving skills. Expert ability to effectively use automated tools and processes to collect data and create reports.
• Expert skills in data and reporting tools such as Excel, VBA, SAS, SQL, R and Oracle BI.
• Ability to gather data and analyze facts and data, and draw correct inferences from the data, identify root causes, leading indicators and drivers of trends and outliers in the data.
• Ability to identify and implement appropriate improvements in processes and tools.