$80K — $100K *
What you will do:
Create data analysis and visualizations using tools including Power BI and Excel. Determine insights by connecting multiple data sources and interpreting the results to identify opportunities for improvement and growth. Provide these insights, with recommended actions, to the HVAC Deal Desk to enable the team to achieve secured margin, volume, win rate, and market share growth expectations within Johnson Controls' Building Solutions North America HVAC Construction business. High proficiency in creating data visualization in Power BI and analyzing data is crucial for success in this role.
Following are the primary activities and contributions necessary to achieve the goal:
• Provide insights to identify price optimization opportunities and drive future pricing decisions for the HVAC Deal Desk to drive up secured margins and win rates.
• Assist in the creation, management, and requalification of Pricing Process & Analytics
• Visualize complex interconnecting datasets using Power BI which will enable the broader Deal Desk team and leadership to identify strategies and actions needed to exceed business goals.
• Provide analytical support to the Deal Desk, including analysis of historical transactions and competitive intelligence data
• Conduct in-depth analysis including but not limited to the following few examples: competitive effect of bundling, competitive trends by product, situational effects on competitiveness and market share growth opportunity gaps.
• Analyze closed opportunity data assuring the most robust understanding of why we win and lose. Use the data to provide the most current impact factors. Ensure processes are in place to capture the closed job data.
• Participate in the configuration and maintenance of Deal Desk software
• Interface with IT infrastructure needs to support the Deal Desk process and analysis
How you will do it:
• Collect and aggregate data from multiple sources to build the foundational analysis needed to understand the impact of current prices and discounting behaviors
• Work cross-functionally with, Deal Desk Team, Sales leadership, Sales Operations, Global Products, Procurement, and others to meet domain growth and profitability objectives
• Understand customer decision-making criteria, product value, market conditions, and competitive dynamics to maximize share growth and margin expansion
• Create tools used to provide price guidance to outside sales force
• Work with the Finance team to create,/maintain Pricing reports for Leadership discussions
• Provide pricing analytics alongside Global Products, including a cadence of preparing and reviewing market-back pricing trends, to enable identification of price strategies to ensure balance of market share growth and margin growth.
• Compile pricing data for multiple product categories into blended pricing levels for opportunities with bundled scopes of work
• Review and analyze AHRI market share data to connect competitive insights with pricing challenges and opportunities
• Collaborate and align weekly with peers on Deal Desk team, stay current on market, product, competitor, situational influencers, and align best practices.
What we look for:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ Years of experience in data visualization and pricing analysis or related field
• Strong Power BI skills, working knowledge of SQL and other business intelligence and data mining software
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. ability to utilize pivot tables, vlookup, aggregate functions, etc.)
• An inquisitive personality, with an innate drive to seek out root cause and the creativity to provide unique solutions
• A strong attention to detail with the desire to work autonomously and manage multiple projects
• Demonstrated track record of working cross-functionally with multiple teams; ability to collaborate with and influence others in a matrixed environment
• Preferably with knowledge of HVAC industry, construction marketplace, and financialreporting
Valid through: 7/4/2021