The Senior Preconstruction Manager sets medium-size to large, complex, projects up for success through delivery of preconstruction services. Value should be provided to customers by leading the project team, predicting cost and schedule, advocating for owners and seamlessly transitioning preconstruction services to the operations team. This role will provide oversight and leadership to assigned internal employees.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accuracy of all estimating, scheduling, strategy and communication throughout preconstruction process
- Review all estimates for accuracy, detail and expectations
- Review weekly preconstruction process to ensure progress is on schedule; initiate changes to remain on schedule; advise leadership of issues that may pose a cost or schedule impact
- Coordinate building systems and schedules with Operations to plan and budget for safety on each project
- Make decisions in a timely manner; understand when to involve upper management in decisions; assess level of risk and consequences associated
- Collaborate with operations, business development, preconstruction team members and other stakeholders to ensure projects are turned over for success with the expected level of profitability
- Understand the clients' needs to manage the process efficiently, ensure timely completion, understand local logistics/subcontractor and supplier market, and how BIM/LEED/LEAN can be best utilized
- Lead preconstruction meetings, when appropriate
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Business travel will be required
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A college degree in a construction related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years' experience of extensive estimating and/or project management in a construction field is required. Proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring others successfully.
- Skills: Independent judgment, business acumen, judgment, client relations, negotiation, decision making, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective internal and external communication, project management, team leadership, tact, adaptability and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Senior Preconstruction Manager.
- Technology: Proficiency with operating systems and basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Employee must have experience with onscreen takeoffs and the ability to learn other specific software.