What you’ll be doing …
As Senior Practice Manager, you’ll be responsible for the management and growth of Tableau’s services business and organization working closely with the sales team and customers to scope, schedule and resource service engagements.
You’ll oversee our Professional Services team and will be responsible for the hiring, development, retention, utilization and management of the business consultants across North America.
In addition to managing the internal practice, you will also be responsible to nurture, develop and manage the consulting partner program, ensuring that partners within the program are meeting the standards expected by Tableau’s customer base.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Ensure achievement of the Revenue Targets of the Consulting Practice.
- Recruit, onboard, manage, mentor and professionally develop a practice of best in class business consultants.
- Ensure that all consultants hit the targeted utilization rates and ensure a fair distribution of work.
- Drive in the services pre-sales process with sales team, and business consultants to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and deliver effective solutions
- Review and approve project proposals (scope, level of effort estimates, and schedules) and SOWs prior to presentation to Tableau team and customer
- Maintain and project a solid understanding of all Tableau product lines and corporate messaging
- Provide support and guidance to consultants on technical, delivery, and operational issues and help them work through obstacles to their success
- Collaborate with the Customer Service, Finance and Sales Teams to Develop process and procedures to ensure that services can be sold efficiently and easily into our customer base.
- Develop and design Service packages that can meet the needs of our high volume Commercial sales team and our higher touch Enterprise sales team.
- Contribute to the implementation of strategic goals and go to market plans of the North American Business Consulting Practice
- Design, implement, and manage a consulting partner program to ensure effective and scalable delivery of services to customers.
Who you are… ...
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong recruiter and motivator of people.
- Experienced. 5 or more years in customer-facing positions as a professional services practice manager, or project leader, with a software company’s consulting organization. 7+ years of relevant IT experience, preferably with analytics, data, databases, data warehousing, or business intelligence. BS/MS/MBA degree, with a technical or business focus preferred.
- Energy and Creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process – whether that’s selling a new customer or recruiting a great salesperson.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. You love the idea of sharing the Tableau story.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Entrepreneurial. You’ve worked with start-ups and emerging organizations. You understand how to build and grow a successful business.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!