Provides management support for the planning and day-to-day operations of the sections. Encourages standardization of processes and procedures, and is accountable for system operations throughout the organization.
- Leads the health care team of each assigned section in all aspects of the daily operations of the individual section(s). Utilizes problem solving skills and creates a proactive work environment that maintains optimal section functioning.
- Interviews and hires support staff. Trains new employees in section administrative procedures, evaluates the performance of secretarial/nursing staff, encourages and supports staff education, and fosters personal and professional development of all support personnel. Maintains and promotes the work environment and performance problems up to and including termination. Continually assesses the sections needs and changes support staff roles and levels.
- Develops efficient procedures with an emphasis on high quality of patient care in the following areas: Patient scheduling, clerical office procedures, transcription, referring physician communication process, and informational systems use. Develops policies and procedures for all internal operating systems. Standardizes systems between sections.
- Identifies and develops new programs or methodologies for delivering services by initiating and reviewing proposals for modifying operational systems, practices, policies and procedures, and implementing necessary changes.
- Prepares the annual budget, monitors performance to budget, and develops strategies for improvement and/or the correction of deviations from budget.
- Provides leadership and direction in maximizing revenues and minimizing operating costs/expenses by periodically reviewing patient billing, coding practices and compliance, fee structure, and the implementations of revenue maximization and cost control measures where appropriate.
- Assures adherence to institutional standards of practice for nursing.
- Assures adherence to institutional policies and procedures related to: Human Resources, Billing, Outpatient and OR Scheduling, Referring Physician Communication Standards, Compliance, etc.
- Creates and updates an orientation program for new Associate Practice Managers and Practice Managers.
- Mentors other Practice Managers and Associate Practice Managers. Assists others with networking throughout D-H to problem solve issues impacting Clinic Operations.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree with 10 years of related supervisory and/or /management experience required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and writing skills required. Exemplary leadership qualities desired.
- Prior experience with budgetary preparation and systems development required.
- The ability to relate and deal effectively with physicians, administrators, support staff, and the general public with a high degree of tact and discretion required.
- Internal candidates, recognized as high performers, with significant experience as a D-H Practice Manager desired.