The person will manage day-to-day brand building in the community for TRON and BitTorrent, working through newsjacks, social functions, strategic partnerships and the like to build and maintain strategic relationships with grasstops, grassroot leaders and media within the community.
- Lead community affairs at TRON/BitTorrent, working closely with head of global communications and TRON Marketing to build and maintain strategic relationships with grasstops, grassroots leaders and media within the community
- Advance TRON's vision and goals through local giving, sponsorships, board memberships and support.
- -Develop of portfolio of local and regional giving that supports the needs and interests of the general public within our neighboring communities - with emphasis on the Silicon Valley and Hollywood.
- Identify, sponsor and events local events that increase TRON/BitTorrent's visibility and create touchpoints with the public.
- -Work with writers and editors internally to create blog posts, social and other content that advances and supports TRON as a thought leader in the area
- Demonstrated ability in growing an active and engaged community of followers for a growing brand
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, etc.
- Ability to work closely with social team for social campaigns from ideation to execution
- Experience in influencer outreach and engagement
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documentation
- High attention to detail and problem-solving
- Ability to lead with recommendations on community management and social strategy based on analytics and data
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrency/blockchain
- Bachelor's Degree
- Deep experience in philanthropic work and strong community contacts
- Ability to think clearly, execute with speed and elaborate on planning and goals
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Extensive knowledge of Marketing department processes.
- Five-years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
- 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
- Some travel involved