As the lead PR professional at CircleCI, you’ll define our story and share it with the world. This is a great job for someone who wants to make their mark. We have amazing customers, a stellar product, and a charismatic exec team. What are we missing? A strategic PR leader. Your challenge will be to maintain a drumbeat of coverage via friendly reporters and outlets who get our space, while also translating CircleCI to more mainstream business and technology press.
About CircleCIVelocity is critical for software teams in today's competitivelandscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allowsdevelopers to rapidly release code (for web andmobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enablesdevelopers to detect and fix bugsbefore they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp and Spotify rely on CircleCI toaccelerate delivery of their code and enabledevelopers to focus on creating business value fast.
In this role, you will...
- Define and share the CircleCI story with media
- Constantly generate new storylines and ideas based off data, trends, and company news
- Work closely with our data analysts and developer advocates to define programs and metrics for successAdvocate with product, marketing, and revenue teams for the ingredients you need for PR success
- Make sure our exec team is speaking at the right conferences (and telling the right stories when they do)
- Influence the analysts in our space for success
- Set and achieve quantitative and qualitative goals for our company PR program
- Drive the communications strategy and goals for ongoing product launches
For this job, you’ll need...
- 5-7+ years of experience leading PR programs for fast-growing B2B companies
- An extensive network of media contacts, including references from media professionals who enjoy working with you
- Demonstrated success translating complicated stories to the media
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.