Are you a proven public relations professional who enjoys articulating the benefits of integrated technology solutions for business owners? Can you demonstrate how you’ve worked with customers to extrapolate ROI statistics based on solution deployments? Do you have a track record generating positive and influential media coverage that sales teams have leveraged with prospects to bring in more business?
This position develops, manages, and executes PR programs to support the audio and video solutions that Avid provides to small, midsize and enterprise-class media production businesses across a range of market segments worldwide.
Responsibilities include generating awareness through a steady stream of news announcements, press events, speaking engagements, case studies and all other applicable PR opportunities. This candidate must have a strong history in creating and executing campaigns designed to address unique customer business problems – ranging from small independent business to large established enterprise organizations.
The position will bring the candidate in contact with a variety of groups and individuals, inside and outside the company, including but not limited to: industry consultants, journalists, resellers and customers, the Director of Marketing Communications, the Vice President of Corporate Marketing and the Chief Marketing Officer.
The successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter with at least 10 years experience in a PR role, with a minimum of 5 years focused on B2B technology for the media and entertainment sector. Avid will give special consideration to candidates who possess a keen knowledge of the film, video, audio, music and/or broadcast industries and can demonstrate how to leverage this knowledge to generate positive media coverage wherever Avid solutions are used. All candidates must possess outstanding writing and editing skills and a critical eye for messaging in support of driving goals with internal and external audiences.
Additionally, the qualified individual will be someone who has extensive experience managing external resources including PR agencies, freelance writers, and research consultants among others. The qualified individual is demonstrably highly organized and is accustomed to operating transparently, can work independently and as part of a team, and is comfortable operating in a friendly, fast-paced, changing environment that values creativity and strives for flawless execution regardless of deadlines and priorities.
- Develops and executes campaigns that promote visibility and awareness of Avid’s business solutions; target customers ranging from small start-up video and audio production businesses to large, established enterprise organizations, including network broadcasters, film and recording studios, and other digital media production corporations
- Provides strategic input on PR and corporate communications programs; leverages knowledge of industry trends and competitive insight around Avid’s business solutions and the value they are providing to both business and technology decision makers.
- Works closely with Segment Marketing teams to refine solutions messaging; develops related materials such as press releases, Q&As, reviewers’ guides, and white papers.
- From initial concept and discovery through to delivery, develops press releases, “ghost-written” articles, customer case studies, solution descriptions and other materials, and also manages external resources in support of these tactics.
- Cultivates strategic relationships with high-profile customers and partners to understand how Avid business solutions help solve customer challenges; explores joint communications and marketing initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key journalists to leverage across corporate and product PR programs.
- Serves as the frontline day-to-day contact for Avid’s external public relations agency; drives the agency team to execute on product and solutions-related media opportunities.
- Manages editorial calendars; develops pitches and story ideas for key industry publications.
- Understands viral marketing elements and how to execute successful PR campaigns in non-traditional media outlets.
- Manages organization of press conferences, one-on-one solutions demos, and executive interviews at trade shows.
- Manages product/solutions reviews and awards programs.
- Interacts daily with all levels of staff in Avid’s Marketing function and personnel at the highest levels of the organization.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree (BS or BA) in a related field
- 10-plus years experience in PR, Corporate Communications or related field, with minimum of two years focused on promoting business solutions
- Understanding of digital content creation marketplace and enterprise technology and solutions
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas to executives and solutions teams
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal – writing talent will be a vital ingredient to success
- Strong technical writing skills required, with experience crafting press releases, “ghost-written’ articles, customer case studies, solutions descriptions, and reviewer’s guides
- Excellent project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Experience launching and maintaining media visibility
- Strong relationships with reporters/editors of technical and vertical trade publications as well as bloggers and industry pundits
- Proficient on PC software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Travel 20% - 30%.