The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Responsible for engineering project(s) within a design and development program. This includes the supervision of teams of engineers and designers. The position will also direct high level engineering analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope to ensure that designs meet customer requirements, corporate objectives, are safe, and can be manufactured.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
- Communicate project objectives to team members
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety and reliability
- Directs preparation layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
- Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues, management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
- Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
- Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
- Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering
- 8-plus years related experience
- Experience with a high level cad system
- PMP certification
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.