Today we use 3rd party products for RRUs to go with our 4G and 5G OpenRAN solutions. To expand our product portfolio, we will develop our own high-end Massive MIMO radios. The focus will be on advanced technology and product development together with customers. We will progress this as a start-up company in Mavenir and leverage the whole organization. If you would like to work for a startup with resources, a large existing customer base, and worldwide reach, this is it.
As a power supply design engineer you will join the Radio Unit team and will be responsible for architecting, designing, and evaluating discrete power supply for mMIMO Base station Radio. This position will be based in Richardson, Texas.Key Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include:
- Define architecture and specification for DC/DC and AC/DC power supply design for various voltage rails
- Optimize cost
- Direct schematic and layout for the relevant area
- Component selections
- Complete design of the power supply from scratch and verification and finally to productization.
- Hold design reviews and generate test reports
- Support certification testing and troubleshooting
- Contribute to the mechanical architecture of the Radio unit for thermal and space planning for the power supply circuits.
- Provide production build support for the manufacturing partners for prototypes and volume ramp-up
- Provide guidance and leadership
- Power supply design for LTE/5G BTS radio (or 3GPP Radio Unit)
- Proven track record Base station radio power supply design that supports transceivers and power amplifiers
- In-depth knowledge of different architectures of power supply
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of design rules and guidelines for power supply layout
- Experience with various PWB materials and large multi-layer layouts
- Design to Cost consciousness
- Familiarity with electronics, PWB, and mechanical components supplier base and supply chain
- Deep knowledge on cost-efficient manufacturing methodologies and technologies
- Hands-on experience with design tools
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Curiosity to continuously learn and innovate
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts.
- BS Degree or higher in EE
- At least 7+ years’ experience in telecommunications industry in RF circuit design and systems engineering roles