As a Portfolio Manager, you'll be responsible for the design, development, and management or sunsetting of new, existing or acquisition products, including our portfolio of products delivered on the Salesforce platform. You'll review product performance against expectations and facilitate or influence changes to the product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance. We're looking for a candidate who can establish collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders, gather accurate requirements, drive the documentation of product roadmaps, and evaluate product performance for enhancements.
This position will be located in our office in Overland Park, Kansas or Louisville, Kentucky. Minneapolis, Minnesota and Basking Ridge area, New Jersey will be considered. Relocation will not be provided.
- Conduct market research; predict customer needs and apply innovative approaches in technology, marketing and service operations to meet those needs
- Identify and communicate client goals / needs as input into product planning efforts
- Demonstrate understanding of competitive landscape (e.g. strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in our products and platforms)
- Define market segments to pursue based on market analysis and various business criteria
- Ensure product strategies address applicable market expectations
- Collaborate with applicable internal stakeholders to obtain input and buy-in to product strategies, including Marketing, Sales, Legal, Finance, and Operations
- Develop pricing strategy plans (e.g. product schedules and procedures) and obtain required approvals for deal reviews
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Navigate and influence multiple cross-functional teams in a complex work environment
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of Product Management, Human Centered Design, or IT Systems Analysis experience
- 4+ years of supervisory responsibility (either project or people management)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Visio
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of health/medical industry/insurance and benefits
- Detail-oriented and proactive thinker linking activities to strategy and innovation
- Able to work across a large matrixed organization and manage change, ambiguity, and urgency
- Able to establish collaborative relationships quickly with constituents
- Strong technical writing skills. The ability to take the lead role in translating client needs into comprehensive product design documentation including user stories and market requirements.
- Experience with Agile product development methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud computing, web-based solutions, APIs, and associated technologies
- Ability to travel as required (up to 25%) for client engagement meetings.
- Experience working within the Healthcare industry, specifically within Payer / Provider Systems
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management methodology
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Experience with Salesforce.com; willingness to achieve Salesforce.com certifications within 3 months of hire.
- Understanding / training in Lean Startup thinking and Human Centered Product Design
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
What We Offer You
- 18 PTO days and 8 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) with company match, 100% vested immediately
- Health / vision / dental insurance with no waiting period
All employees must pass a criminal background check, be eligible to participate in a state or federal healthcare program and pass a pre-employment drug screen.